The Greater Reno-Sparks region has seen a huge influx of business in 2016, with 27 diverse companies calling the Silver State home.
Photo courtesy of EDAWN
The Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) honored these companies that have relocated to the area, welcoming the newest addition Mishimoto Automotive at EDAWN’s Companies Welcome Reception on December 8. Mishimoto is a manufacturer of after-market cooling systems for automotives. They will be moving into a new facility in Spanish Springs with approximately 53,000 feet of working space.
Two more companies honored at the event were Cam Concept and Alltrade Tools. Cam Concept is providing and developing new systems for trailers and hook-lifts in the waste management and construction industries. Their vice president and founder, Jacques Simard, relocated the company to Sparks and is on the lookout for new staff and capital to get his venture going. His brother and sister-in-law, who live in Canada, are his partners.
“We’ve been around for about 10 years now. I have one client here in Nevada, and starting to sell across the U.S. with reps in California, Washington and an agreement with one in Wisconsin,” Simard said. “I’m going to look to EDAWN to help with manufacturing and marketing in the West Coast and all the states.”
Alltrade is a global company, designing and manufacturing tools and shop equipment. They’ve relocated from California and will be taking advantage of Nevada’s business-friendly tax structure.
“[Reno-Sparks] is a community that’s vibrant and growing and we want to be a part of it,” said Robert Ellis, senior vice president of Alltrade. “When you’re a new company in the area, you can come under a lot of pitfalls, such as business licensing and things like that. These people were very helpful in making sure we had all of our ducks in a row.”
In addition to Alltrade (35 jobs) and Cam Concept (10 jobs), here is a list of all the other companies that have moved to Greater Reno-Sparks in 2016*:
*”Jobs created” are based on five-year projections and three companies chose not to be listed, but are bringing nearly 500 new jobs to the area.
- ArroHealth: Full-service provider of risk adjustment solutions in the healthcare industry – 300 jobs
- Better World Books: Online book store with e-commerce center – 200 jobs
- CAEK Inc.: Software technology company – 171 jobs
- Capstak: Market network for commercial real estate professionals – 25 jobs
- Cimpress: Mass customization of print, signage, apparel, gifts packing and other products – 150 jobs
- Distribution Resources: Apparel distribution and fulfillment company – 12 jobs
- Dragonfly Energy: Manufacturer of lithium ion batteries – 10 jobs
- Exxel Outdoors: Provider outdoor recreation products – 70 jobs
- FDC Graphic Films: Provider of vinyl film and other sign-related and printing materials – 50 jobs
- FedEx Ground: Subsidiary of FedEx Corp,. shipping services – 9 jobs
- ITS Logistics: Third-party logistics company – 55 jobs
- Jet.com: Online shopping service – 500 jobs
- Mary’s Gone Crackers: Manufacturer of gourmet, organic and vegan foods – 365 jobs
- Mishimoto Automotive: Manufacturer of cooling products for the automotive industry – 15 jobs
- Pertici North America: Branch of Pertici Industries in Italy, provides technology for manufacturing aluminum windows and doors – 6 jobs
- ProThera, Inc.: Nutrition-focused healthcare company – 25 jobs
- Rackspace: Provider of managed cloud services – 50 jobs
- Revision Brewing Co.: Craft beer producer and taproom – 45 jobs
- Samba TV: Specialiast in real-time TV analytics – 30 jobs
- Sonwil Distribution: Provider of third-party logistics – 200 jobs
- Thrive Market: An e-commerce, online store of healthy foods – 400 jobs
- Todson: A company that partners with Topeak, OnGuard Velox and MET offering cycling apparel – 10 jobs
Follow Luxury Reno Homes on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to stay up to date on all things real estate, as well as Montrêux events and what’s happening in the Reno-Tahoe area. For real estate inquiries, stop by the beautiful Montrêux Welcome Center at 16475 Bordeaux Dr. in Reno, NV or call us at 775.849.9444. The Welcome Center is open 7 days a week, from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.